What Chris Hemsworth eats in a day as he trains for ‘Extraction 2’
- Chris Hemsworth is preparing for his role as Tyler Rake in “Extraction 2”.
- To prepare for the role, Hemsworth reduced his diet from his diet for Marvel’s Thor.
- Here’s a look at what he eats in a day to fuel his Extraction 2 performance.
Hemsworth has not removed any particular food group from his diet to prepare for his new role, however, he has reduced the amount of food he eats, according to Zocchi.
“He doesn’t eat as much protein as when he was shooting Thor,” Zocchi told Insider. “He went from 6 to 8 times a day and was aiming for 4,500 calories to 3 to 4 times a day and was eating around 2,500.”
The reduction in overall protein and calories isn’t the most dramatic change Hemsworth has made to his diet. Previously, he was on a plant-based diet while preparing for his role in “Avengers: Endgame”. But he didn’t hold up for the long haul.
This more moderate change in his diet is more sustainable for a man of his size because he is still able to get protein from steak and other meats, Zocchi said.
According to Zocchi, Hemsworth’s day on a plate preparing for his next role as Tyler Rake in “Extraction 2” looks like this:
- Breakfast: Three whole egg omelets with mushrooms, peppers, two pieces of bacon, a piece of sourdough toast and a cup of coffee
- Mid-morning snack: Greek yogurt, blueberries and honey
- Lunch: garden salad with tomatoes, avocado, parmesan, balsamic vinaigrette and grilled chicken breast
- Dinner: Steak with grilled vegetables, potatoes and a small salad
- Dessert: Fresh fruits
Hemsworth also snacks occasionally throughout the day, and Zocchi said his favorite snacks are beef jerky and Greek yogurt.